Sustainability Knowledge Group in cooperation with CIIM – The Cyprus International Institute of Management and Forward Mindsets in Cyprus organized a highly successful business breakfast under the title “Embedding Sustainability in People Management”.
The link between Sustainability and Human Resources Management and the subsequent opportunities that Sustainability integration can bring to organizations was the focus of the event, discussed for the first time in Cyprus.
The event took place on October 19th, at the CIIM – The Cyprus International Institute of Management. Discussion amongst the expert panelists focused upon the following topics:
- To what extent can sustainable development assist HR professionals to increase the resilience of their businesses and their relations with their stakeholders?
- How can the anthropocentric character of HR contribute to the incorporation of sustainability practices within organisations?
- In which way HR executives can better understand the added value of corporate sustainability and ESG and how can they mobilize employees towards that direction?
- Moving forward, which are the challenges, the opportunities as well as best practices?
Aglaia Ntili, Managing Director of Sustainability Knowledge Group presented best practices and discussed how HR departments can strategically incorporate Sustainability and ESG in their operations especially in the aftermath of the pandemic which has created unprecedented change and accelerated developments in this respect.
The panel was also comprised of the following experts:
- Theodore Panayiotou, Director & Dean of CIIM,
- Nancy Papalexandris, Professor at the Department of Marketing and Communication, Athens University of Economic and Business,
- Vicky Kotsioloudi, Director of the Post- Graduate Course of Human Resources and Organizational Behavior at CIIM,
- Elena Maniatopoulou- Hadgipanagi, Managing Director, ForwardMindsets,
- Georgia Dolomonidou- Christofidou, Director of Sustainable Development, Directorate General for European programs, Coordination and Development
Mrs. Despoina Pastou- Maggani, responsible for Education and Training at the CIIM moderated the panel οf the conference.
Sustainability Knowledge Group has been supporting initiatives that raise awareness and actively promote knowledge on ESG, Sustainability and Corporate Responsibility. Towards that goal, Sustainability Knowledge Group and CIIM have established the CIIM-Centre of ESG with the mission to increase awareness around ESG topics, the value and opportunities arising from the integration of ESG and Sustainability into business strategy.