The Chief Sustainability Officer (CSO) Professional Training is an intermediate level training course offering a comprehensive viewpoint to Sustainability.
Participants will gain a holistic approach to all key areas of Sustainability, ESG and CSR, including current trends, challenges, standards, and strategies. They will gain the necessary skills to support their organization to use Sustainability as a competitive advantage and the tools to overcome business Sustainability risks. During the training course, professionals will benefit from our interactive approach focusing on applying Sustainability across the organization. Our skill-building and hands-on approach assists participants to improve their capabilities and drive practical Sustainability solutions successfully across their organization.
- Articulate the business case for Sustainability
- Clarify Environmental, Social, Governance (ESG) criteria
- Learn how to integrate Sustainability/ESG into the existing organizational structure and structure
- Gain well rounded understanding of Sustainability/ESG and CSR ecosystem and future developments
- Develop programs which ensure maximum positive impact for all stakeholders
- Communicate effectively the progress and achievement via Sustainability/ESG reports to identified stakeholders
- Focus on sustainable business models during the post course assignment
At the end of the two-day CSO Professional Training, participants will have acquired the skills and knowledge to:
- Identify and apply effective sustainability solutions in your organization
- Develop, implement and monitor Sustainability/ESG initiatives and strategies
- Identify stakeholders and their roles in advancing sustainability efforts
- Ensure maximum impact from applying Sustainability, ESG and CSR standards and frameworks
- Communicate organizational strategies, material issues, impacts and performance via Sustainability/ESG reports
- Recognise opportunities and challenges related to Sustainability, ESG and CSR
Global ILM Recognition
ILM is the UK’s leading provider of leadership, management and coaching qualifications and a world renowned professional membership body representing over 25,000 managers and leaders. Following your successful post-course assignment submission, you will receive the “Chief Sustainability Officer (CSO) Professional” Certificate which is endorsed by ILM.
Additional guidance is provided for the successful completion of your post-course assignment.
Key Topics include
- Practical Sustainability/ESG and CSR Concepts
- Stakeholder Management
- Legislation, national mandates, EU regulations (CSRD/ESRS, IFRS/EFRAG, etc.)
- Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) Programs, Measuring Social Value and Impact
- Sustainable Supply Chains & Circular Economy
- Sustainability/ESG Strategy & Assessment
- Sustainability/ESG standards and frameworks
- Sustainability and ESG Reporting (GRI reporting standards, SASB, ISSB, TCFD, SDGs etc.)
- Communicating Sustainability
- The CSO Role
- Post-course Assignment for ILM Certification
Who should attend
The CSO Professional Training is a globally Sustainability and ESG certified training course, ideally suited to professionals seeking well rounded, practical knowledge in all key Sustainability and ESG topics. An ideal candidate may play a role in:
- Governance and Risk Management
- Human Resources
- Supply Chain/Logistics
- Health and Safety
- Operational Excellence
- Investor Relations
- Corporate Philanthropy/Foundations
Aglaia Ntili has nearly 20 years of consistent international advisory and training experience across a range of corporate sustainability, ESG & responsibility fields.
She is recognised with the Global CSR & Sustainability Leadership Award for her contributions as a practitioner, trainer, coach, and advisor.
Aglaia serves as the Managing Director of Sustainability Knowledge Group, providing Sustainability and CSR advisory and training services at international corporate level. Aglaia is the founder of CSR Coaching, supporting professionals in Corporate Responsibility and Sustainability, The founder of the Centre for ESG and the founder of the Sustainability meetup, the 1st and only open platform to support active learning and knowledge sharing on Sustainability, ESG and CSR in the UAE. She is also the Chair of the UAE chapter of the International Society of Sustainability Professionals (ISSP), currently the only professional body for Sustainability professionals in the region.
Aglaia holds an MBA, an MSc in Total Quality Management & Business Excellence and a Degree in Business Administration. She is a Certified ISSP SA, a SROI practitioner, a successfully GRI Standards Exam Candidate, an ISO 9000 Lead Auditor and an EFQM Accredited European Excellence Assessor. She is a recognized Competent Leader and Communicator under Toastmasters International, a Certified LEGO® SERIOUS PLAY® Facilitator, a Certified Team Animator and holds a certificate in Brokering Remote Partnerships. Aglaia is a founding member of the Greek Sustainable Building Council, and the founder of the social enterprise “Strategy”. Aglaia has presented the business case for Sustainability, and tools to develop it, at a number of conferences, in Europe, Asia and the Middle East.
We firmly believe that a friendly, supportive, and engaging learning environment is key to building long-lasting knowledge and maximizing retention. To support this belief, we built this course around a dynamic mixture of lectures, practical exercises, best practice case studies and group discussions. Our method builds not only knowledge, but a confidence in discussing and applying CSR/Sustainability topics and the platform for exchanging ideas and building valuable connections. Each course closes with a post-course assignment to evaluate the level of knowledge gained through this course and upon passing results in the earning of an ILM endorsed certificate.
An understanding of CSR and Sustainability is required
Professional experience is required