1 day training course on the new GRI Standards
The GRI Standards is the most widely used sustainability reporting standard. This training will prepare participants to manage their sustainability reporting process using the GRI Standards and will introduce them to all the key elements of a solid sustainability report.
First-time reporters seeking to implement the GRI Standards and those transitioning from GRI G4 to the GRI Standards, will learn how to effectively utilise the Standards and develop sustainability Reports that are technically sound, meaningful, engaging, and create value for the company and the stakeholders alike.
This training is delivered in a highly interactive manner and includes presentations, small group discussions, practicing on examples of various reports, and using disclosures to familiarise with the GRI Standards.
Who should attend
- Sustainability, CSR professionals
- Quality, Health Safety and Environment managers
- Public Relations, Corporate Communications managers
- HR/ Training professionals
- Supply Chain, Operation managers
- Environment executives
- Financial officers
- Representatives from non-governmental organizations (NGOs)
- Community relations, engagement and development officers
- Stakeholder engagement practitioners
Aim and objectives
The aim of this training is to support participants to:
- develop a process for reporting
- gain an understanding of the structure and requirements of the new GRI Standards
- develop an insight into how the organisation can disclosure its approach on material topics
- understand the requirements to disclosure economic, environmental, and social impacts
- practice on examples from various organizations on the disclosure of sustainability information
- develop the skills required to develop meaningful reports based on the GRI Standards
Global CPD Recognition
The CPD Standards Office raises training standards by accrediting high-quality Continuing Professional Development (CPD) provision.
Following your successful participation you will receive your “The GRI Standards: Principles and Application” Certificate from The CPD Standards Office, verifying 7 CPD hours, confirming your achievement.
Key Topics include
- Sustainability reporting essentials
- Structure of the GRI Standards
- The process of reporting – steps for GRI Standards reporting
- International frameworks and standards
- Communicating results
Take outs of the course include how to
- Manage the reporting process internally
- Identify and prioritise your Stakeholders
- Identify material Topics and their Boundaries (internal and/or external to your organisation)
- Select and prepare the information to be disclosed in the final report
- Communicate your sustainability report
Aglaia Ntili is a seasoned sustainability professional, with over 17 years of international advisory and training experience across a wide range of corporate sustainability and responsibility fields.
She is recognised with the Global CSR & Sustainability Leadership Award for her contributions as a practitioner, trainer, coach, and advisor.
Aglaia serves as the Managing Director of Sustainability Knowledge Group, providing Sustainability and CSR advisory and training services at international corporate level. Aglaia is the founder of CSR Coaching, supporting professionals in Corporate Responsibility and Sustainability, and the founder of the CSR & Sustainability meetup, the 1st and only open platform to support active learning and knowledge sharing on CSR and Sustainability in the UAE. She is also the Chair of the UAE chapter of the International Society of Sustainability Professionals (ISSP), currently the only professional body for Sustainability professionals in the region.
Participants will receive a certificate of attendance on successful completion of the training course.
We are a member of the GRI Community and support the mission of GRI to empower decision makers everywhere, through GRI Sustainability Reporting Standards and its multi-stakeholder network, to take action towards a more sustainable economy and world.