1 day workshop on the new GRI Standards
The Global Reporting Initiative (GRI)’s is the most widely used sustainability reporting framework. GRI recently launched the latest update of the GRI guidelines – the GRI Standards. This training will prepare participants to manage the sustainability reporting process using the GRI Standards and will introduce them to all the key elements of a good sustainability report.
Organisations currently reporting in line with GRI G4 will find out the key changes made in the GRI Standards structure and approach, in order to transition to the Standards in time for the 2018 deadline.
First-time reporters and those seeking to implement the GRI Standards for the first time will learn how to effectively use the GRI Standards, the key principles, and how to develop sustainability Reports that are meaningful, effective create value for the company and the stakeholders alike.
This training is delivered in a highly interactive manner and includes presentations, small group discussions, practicing on examples of various reports, and using disclosures to familiarise with the GRI Standards
Who should attend
- Sustainability, CSR professionals
- Quality, Health Safety and Environment managers
- Public Relations, Corporate Communications managers
- HR/ Training professionals
- Supply Chain, Operations managers
- Environment executives
- Financial officers
- Representatives from non-governmental organizations (NGOs)
- Community relations, engagement and development officers
- Stakeholder engagement practitioners
Aim and objectives:
The aim of this training is to support participants to:
- develop a process for reporting
- gain an understanding of the structure and requirements of the new GRI Standards
- develop an insight into how the organisation can disclosure its approach on material topics
- understand the requirements to disclosure economic, environmental, and social topics
- practice on examples from various organizations on the disclosure of sustainability information
- develop the skills required to develop meaningful reports based on the GRI Standards.
Take outs of the course include how to:
- Manage the reporting process internally
- Identify and prioritise your Stakeholders
- Identify material Topics and their Boundaries (internal and/or external to your organisation)
- Select and prepare the information to be disclosed in the final report
- Communicate your sustainability report
Participants will receive a certificate of attendance on successful completion of the workshop.
Have said about our training
“Compact, straight to the point, and relevant.”
Nada Tawil – Head of Communication Department
“Covered the topic in a clear, straight forward way.”
Rouba Taouk – Head of Corporate Communication
“What I liked most about the training is the practical cases and methodology.”
Tatiana Nader – Head of Communication Planning