Corporate Social Responsibility for Human Recourses management
The focus of this 1 day workshop is on the role of human resource professionals in embedding CSR throughout the organization. Human capital development, employee involvement, engagement and moral are critical success factors for CSR performance. Human Resources (HR) function plays an instrumental role in helping a company achieve its CSR objectives. Recent research from Edelman demonstrates that employees engaged in CSR are 22% more motivated to perform compared to employees not engaged in CSR.
As sustainability is an important global business driver, incorporating CSR principles in key HR capabilities can create sustainable systems and drive corporate sustainability performance. The HR function is uniquely positioned to assist in developing and implementing the corporate sustainability strategy, however HR managers need tools and the opportunity to leverage employee commitment and engagement in CSR.
This training will equip HR professionals with the understanding and tools they need to create more effective working environments, improve HR KPIs and ultimately support their organization to develop a unique Employee Value Proposition and become future-fit. HR professionals will understand the important implications of sustainability for the HR function and organizational performance. The training will prepare HR professionals to contribute to the achievement of their organization’s sustainability and business strategy.
This training is delivered in a highly interactive manner and includes presentations, small group discussions, practicing on examples of various reports, and using disclosures to familiarise with the practical application of CSR principles.
Who should attend
- Sustainability and CSR professionals
- Human Resources professionals
- Training professionals
- Representatives from non-governmental organizations (NGOs)
- Community relations, engagement and development officers
- Stakeholder engagement practitioners
- General Managers
Aim and objectives:
The aim of this training is to support HR professionals to:
- appreciate the value of CSR in company culture and performance
- gain tools to use CSR as vehicle for employee development and talent management
- improve personal and corporate performance utilising CSR principles
- enable the HR function to play a key role in embedding corporate responsibility in all aspects of the business
- ensure alignment between the organisation’s values, culture and business activity
- empower employees, drive engagement, innovation and reward performance
- align with leading global frameworks and supports the overall business sustainability strategy
- understand the sustainability frameworks relevant to HR and sustainability management and reporting
- CSR, Sustainability and the Business case
- Vision, mission, values and codes
- Workforce recruitment, planning and development with CSR
- CSR for Talent Management and Competency development
- HR Sustainability Strategy
- HR and Sustainability Standards for Reporting
Take outs of the course include how to:
- contribute significantly to the simultaneous attainment of economic, environmental and social goals
- develop key HR capabilities to drive sustainability and create sustainable HR systems and processes
- utilize CSR as a mechanism to retain talents, improve employee productivity and improve succession planning programs
- manage relationships with employees to improve low buy-in on business strategies and poor internal communication
- effectively disclose and showcase sustainability related HR topics and activities, using international Sustainability frameworks
Participants will receive a certificate of attendance on successful completion of the workshop.